On the other side of the world in Southeast Asia, a serene getaway awaits. Cambodia is known for its Khmer culture, lush jungle landscapes, and white sand beaches—making it a prime travel destination for yogis wanting to depend their practice and regular folks looking to satisfy their sense of wanderlust.
This December, we’ve teamed up with yoga ambassadors and retreat hosts Pierce Doerr and Rachel Sherron to give one of our lucky Yogi Surprise members a spot in their 8 day, 7 night Cambodia Yoga Retreat scheduled to take place in early March of 2018 (a $1,000 value). Our retreat winner will get to experience the beautiful natural surroundings and rich culture of southern Cambodia for a full week before returning home as a completely changed and rejuvenated yogi.
This retreat will be held at Les Manguiers—a small, family-run resort right outside of the small fishing and tourist town of Kampot where the river meets the ocean. The resort features comfortable lodging including bungalows and traditional Khmer housing that look out onto the Bokor National Park for a stunning view of the mountains, jungle vegetation, and riverside.
Enjoy daily yoga and meditation sessions surrounded by natural beauty, relax in one of the resort hammocks, or go for a swim in the salty river waters. Have your meals at the edge of the river as you enjoy the view of the mountains and fishing boats that pass by, or go out into the village where you can check out local markets, visit one of the Buddhist temples, or embark on a tourist excursion.
Here’s what’s included in this amazing retreat:
- 7 nights in shared double accommodation (rooms are not air conditioned, but are equipped with fans and cool down quite a lot at night)
- Daily yoga and meditation classes with Pierce and Rachel
- 3 meals a day including breakfast, lunch, and dinner consisting of fresh Cambodian and French inspired cuisine
- Filtered drinking water
- Free wireless internet access in communal areas
- River kayaking
- Bicycles for going into the local village and town
- Activities including ping pong, foosball, soccer, tree swinging, board games, and more
- Guidance and advice from Pierce about the places, experiences, activities, and more based on insights gathered from 4 previous trips to the location
Flight and airport transportation are not included, but taxis can be arranged for pickup. Any additional food or drinks separate from daily meals are also available for an extra charge.
You’ll be asked to bring:
- Your current valid passport
- At least two passport size photos for immigration
- $30 USD for Visa on Arrival fee
- Your yoga mat and any props you want to use
- A reusable water bottle
- Appropriate clothing for warm weather expected between 70 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit (such as shorts, tank tops, and bathing suits for the resort and tourist activities)
- Appropriate clothing for cultural activities outside of the resort (such as long pants and shirts that cover the shoulders if you decide to visit one of the temples in the area)
- Bug spray, sunscreen, and a hat to protect you from the sun
This Cambodia Yoga Retreat will take place March 4th to 11th, 2018. Don’t miss your chance to win! Click on the link below to find out how you can enter this incredible retreat.